The Columbus Trophy is the award, granted to a successful young entrepreneur who is active as supplier to the hospitality industry, or who has created an innovative hospitality concept. Opposed to the various hospitality innovation awards that are known throughout Europe, the Columbus Trophy does not focus solely on the product or service, but focuses on the entrepreneur behind it. Many young entrepreneurs have great drive and potential, but find it challenging to continue when they experience difficulties. The Columbus Trophy aims to support those entrepreneurs by stimulating them to take that extra step.
What are the criteria to participate in the Columbus Trophy?
• The company is a supplier to the hospitality industry and/or
• The company has created an innovative hospitality concept
• The company has existed for at least 1 year, and 10 years at most
• The company has a maximum of 20 FTE
• The company resides in Europe and has the potential to grow internationally
• The company is able to present itself in English
• Global organizations / corporations cannot participate in the Columbus Trophy
• Hospitality concepts and suppliers
• Selection by merit of product / service
• Judging will be based on entrepreneurship
How can companies be nominated?
Candidates can be nominated via www.columbustrophy.eu. Nomination can only be carried out by filling in the registration forms. The registration deadline is August 1st 2013.
What is the procedure?
After a pre-selection, several surveys and a presentation round, ten finalists are selected by an expert jury of hospitality ‘captains of industry’. The 10 finalists of the Columbus Trophy will be represented in the Experience Center of “Food Executive Europe” (FXE), which takes place on February 3rd and 4th 2014 in Maastricht, The Netherlands. Here, they can present their products and/ or services to leading decision makers from the European hospitality industry. During FXE, the winner of the 10th edition of the Columbus Trophy will be announced.
Food Executive Europe (FXE) is the first event only for decision makers in the European hospitality industry. FXE is a platform for networks and associations in the hospitality industry, in order to encourage sharing experiences and networking with likeminded people. The blue ocean, “out of the box” concept reflects the fast changing world around. Sustainability and environmental responsibility, as well as exploring new trends, technologies and possibilities, are returning themes within FXE. www.foodexecutive.eu
The winner of the Columbus Trophy receives:
• A cheque of € 2.500,-
• The (perpetual) Columbus Trophy
The 10 finalists also win! They receive a prize in kind:
• Presenting their companies during FXE
• Various networking possibilities with leading decision makers
• Being a part of the extensive marketing & communication of the Columbus Trophy