- 14th Edition Finalists
- Register now!
The Columbus Trophy is the award, granted to a successful young entrepreneur who is active as supplier to the hospitality industry, or who has created an innovative hospitality concept. Opposed to the various hospitality innovation awards that are known throughout Europe, the Columbus Trophy does not focus solely on the product or service, but focuses on the entrepreneur behind it. Many young entrepreneurs have great drive and potential, but find it challenging to continue when they experience difficulties. The Columbus Trophy aims to support those entrepreneurs by stimulating them to take that extra step.
What are the criteria to participate in the Columbus Trophy?
• The company is a supplier to the hospitality industry and/or
• The company has created an innovative hospitality concept
• The company has existed for at least 1 year, and 10 years at most
• The company has a maximum of 20 FTE
• The company resides in Europe and has the potential to grow internationally
• The company is able to present itself in Dutch!
• Global organizations / corporations cannot participate in the Columbus Trophy
• Hospitality concepts and suppliers
• Selection by merit of product / service
• Judging will be based on entrepreneurship
How can companies be nominated?
Candidates can be nominated via www.columbustrophy.eu. Nomination can only be carried out by filling out the registration forms. The registration deadline is Friday 27th of April 2018.
What is the procedure?
After a pre-selection, several surveys and a presentation round, the finalists are selected by an expert jury of hospitality ‘captains of industry’. The finalists of the Columbus Trophy will be represented on the BBB hospitality fair, which takes place from the 8th until the 10th of October in Maastricht, The Netherlands. Here, they can present their products and/ or services to hospitality professionals from the European hospitality industry. During the BBB, the winner of the 15th edition of the Columbus Trophy will be announced.
The BBB Hospitality Trade Show is an inspiring platform for food service industry professionals. The upcoming edition of the BBB will be held from 8 – 10 October 2018 at MECC Maastricht. Focusing on four main themes Beverage Beach, Food Forest, Variety Valley and Folie Culinaire, the event offers visitors stands that present a broad range of products, services and trends. The exhibition also features special ‘squares’ that are dedicated to specific themes such as the Food Village, Wine Theatre, Starters Park, Specialty Beer Bay and the Place des Amis. The preliminary rounds for the Dutch national beer-tapping championships, cooking competitions, and the national oyster-shucking championships will also be held during the BBB. A prestigious prize for start-up entrepreneurs, the Columbus Trophy, will be awarded on 8 October. Networking will continue on after the exhibition ends thanks to an evening programme full of activities in the city of Maastricht, in cooperation with Château Maestricht ‘La saison culinaire’. The exclusive international gastronomy event for the trade, Folie Culinaire, will also be held in parallel with the BBB hospitality trade show.
What is the prize?
• A cheque of € 2.500,-
• The (perpetual) Columbus Trophy
Besides the above mentioned prizes, the finalists receive a prize in kind:
• Presenting their companies during the BBB hospitality fair
• Various networking possibilities with leading decision makers
• Being a port of the marketing & communication of the Columbus Trophy